Shafaq News/ Muqtada al-Sadr, the leader of the Sadrist movement issued on Thursday a series of instructions to the demonstrators, who plan to stage protests on Friday.
The close figure to the movement leader, Saleh al-Iraqi wrote in a Facebook post:
- As the protester would give you (security forces)a flower, give them a flower.
- Those who did not decide to participate in the demonstrations should support by even a word or moral support such as stopping all work for Friday only.
- The imams of Friday prayers should address the demonstrations tomorrow in a positive and indicative manner.
- The demonstrators may need logistical support such as food, drink, medicine, ect. So call on the owners of honest capital to support them as much as possible.
- I call on the elders of the tribes to protect their sons (demonstrators) as much as possible or even morally.
- In case of attacking the demonstrators, the jihadist MP should involve al-Salam (Peace) brigade to spread peace in acceptable ways to protect the demonstrators without weapons.
- Prayers in mosques, Husseiniyas, places of worship and churches must be to preserve Iraq, the safety of rebels and the exclusion of corrupters.
- Medical bodies such as hospitals and other necessary facilities shall not suspend their work during the demonstrations.
- In the case of blocking roads from either party, both parties should deal with the matter with caution and anticipation.
- If the government stops the Internet unjustly, those outside Iraq should support their brothers as much as possible.
- Raise the Iraqi flag on the roofs of houses, shops, buildings, mosques, etc.
- In case of attacking the demonstrators, (President of the Republic) shall carry out the necessary legal, social and moral contexts.